Perfect for Birthday Parties, Sweet 16's, and all other events, our service beats all expectations! Rent our cotton candy machine today with a full service experience! We arrive at your event and provide unlimited cotton candy cones for the number of hours selected, with you having to do no work! Our staff will man the station with full set-up and clean up! Get this headache free party pleaser for your next event!
Here's some cool and fun facts about cotton candy!
Cotton candy hasn’t changed a lot since it first exploded in popularity at the beginning of the 20th century, but that’s because it’s perfect just as it is. And, it’s mysterious. How sugar comes to become cotton candy will always feel more like a magic trick than cooking science and we put on a show in front of you and your guests!
- Cotton Candy has only one ingredient sugar but can come in a variety of flavors as we offer!
- Cotton candy was originally called fairy floss, and in some parts of the world it still is.
- Cotton candy is a fat-free food. But, of course, it’s loaded with sugar.
- Cotton candy was co-invented by a dentist. That’s right, dentist William Morrison is partly responsible for the invention of machine-spun cotton candy created in 1897.
- Cotton candy was first introduced to the general public at the 1904 World’s Fair. They reportedly sold 68,655 boxes at 25¢ per box (the equivalent of $6 today.)
- To make cotton candy sugar is melted, spun in a liquid state and pulled through tiny holes where it cools and becomes solid again. The threads are then wound around a stick.
- Cotton candy machines use centrifugal force to spin and melt sugar through small holes.
- There’s less sugar in cotton candy than in soda. While cotton candy is made of only sugar, it’s also fluffed up with a bunch of air.